Another Halloween has come and gone. After hopping from house to house in a celebratory frenzy, our little Ninja Claire came home, plopped on the living room rug and began the ritual carried out for generations: the sorting of candy. I remember doing it myself as a kid, with great excitement, wondering if I had more Sugar Babies this year than last. For Claire, it’s Nerds, Dots and Laffy Taffy that top her list. Twizzlers, too. Watching her sort with joy and precision, I pushed down the sadness and confusion I felt, knowing how happy she is to have all this candy. Knowing it’s all made with genetically modified corn syrup.
Join 54 other followers
Social Media Links
- Reflections on the Future of a Trumpet Vine
- What Does Lisa R Bardack Have to Say?
- Fracking is Back on Maryland’s Table and State Government Means Business
- Thomas Berry on the Natural World as Our Sacred Community
- I Walk in Beauty: Morning Time with the Living Earth
- Seeing the Living Earth Anew
- How to Take Long Showers and Still Save the World From Drought
- A Voice for Children: Join Me at the Mama Summit in Annapolis, Maryland on March 19, 2015!
- Dominion’s Cove Point: Maryland Walks the Fracking Plank
- Sheer Madness: FERC Approves Dominion Cove Point LNG Export Facility
- Josh Fox on Terry Greenwood
- Horton Hears the Whos of Calvert County and Dominion’s LNG Lies
- Whose Security Is at Stake? My Unexpected Hassle with Dominion Cove Point
- Finding Rachel Carson
- Natural Gas is Not Clean (Even If Ads Say It Is)
- Fukushima and the Role of Catastrophe in Human Evolution